How To Root Redmi 2 Prime Android L Safe Process
Update: Important: – Unroot before Flashing Incremental OTA updates.
This guide will root your device through Stock MI Recovery(Works with TWRP also), but this is not Native Root. A new app named SuperSU will be installed, which will give root Permission.
This is a safe process, but I am not responsible for anything bad that happens to your phone.
In most cases this approach of rooting should not block OTA updates.
Steps to follow for rooting:
1. Download the Redmi2pLRoot.zip and Copy the file to the folder ‘Internal storage’ (root of internal storage)
(File at the end of thread)
2. Open the Updater app, Press the 3 dots at Right Top Corner, A menu will open. Tap on “Choose Update Package“ and select the Root.zip File.
3. Wait until device will reboot.
4. After reboot a new app SuperSu will be installed.
5. Open the app and Choose”Continue”.
6. Choose “Normal”, Don’t Choose TWRP/CWM, device will go into Boot Loop.
Note:- Don’t Choose TWRP/CWM, it will brick your device.
7. After sucessful updation , press ok.
8. Your Phone has now Root Permission.
Open any app using Root permission and SuperSU will ask for Permission.
Enjoy your rooted Redmi 2.
Un Root The Device:-
For Un Root , open the SuperSU app,tap on Settings, Choose Full Unroot.
Your Device is Un Rooted Sucessfully.The SuperSU app will be removed.
Note:- The images used are from older version.Orginal Post :http://en.miui.com/thread-223314-1-1.html
Important: – Unroot before Flashing Incremental OTA updates.
Please give Feedback.
Thanks to @Venky47 and @Duderrify for their help.
Please don’t Spam the thread by Thank You, Thanks.https://www.droid-developers.com/root-redmi-2-prime-android-l-safe-process/https://i2.wp.com/www.droid-developers.com/storage/2017/09/How-To-Root-Redmi-2-Prime-Android-L-Safe-Process.jpg?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/www.droid-developers.com/storage/2017/09/How-To-Root-Redmi-2-Prime-Android-L-Safe-Process.jpg?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1RootAndroid Root,How to Root AndroidUpdate: Important: - Unroot before Flashing Incremental OTA updates. This guide will root your device through Stock MI Recovery(Works with TWRP also), but this is not Native Root. A new app named SuperSU will be installed, which will give root Permission. Note : - Rooting does not Void Warranty. Caution: This is a safe...Fahim MahmudFahim Mahmudadmin@droid-developers.comAdministratorDroid-Developers